Data gathered when this website is accessed are collected, processed and used by Swiss Post Solutions Limited (“SPS”, “we” or “us”) as the provider of this website. Further details on Swiss Post Solutions can be found in the About Us section. Your personal data protection is of great importance to us. We therefore, as a matter of routine, handle your personal data responsibly and in compliance with the applicable statutory data protection regulations.
1. Data that we may collect
The entire contents of the Swiss Post website are protected by copyright (all rights reserved). Individual pages and parts of the Swiss Post website may be downloaded or printed out, provided that neither the copyright marks nor other legally protected names or symbols are removed. Swiss Post retains all ownership rights to software or other data downloaded from the Swiss Post website or reproduced in another manner. Full or partial reproduction, transmission (by electronic or other means), modifications, links or use of the Swiss Post website for public or commercial purposes are forbidden without the prior written consent of Swiss Post.
1.2 Automatic records
Our web server records automatically in a temporary record file every access to or retrieval of a web page or file belonging to our website. User-specific data (such as the IP address of the requesting computer, identification data of the browser used, the operating system of the requesting computer, the amount of data transferred, the name of the Internet Service Provider, the date and time of access) and technical data (such as the name and URL of the accessed file, the URL of the referring web page when the website was accessed via a link, and further the search term if it was accessed via a search engine) is recorded and we may attribute this information to you in the event that you use or subscribe to any of our services.
The consolidation of this data enables us to promote personalised and relevant content to you in the event that you subscribe to any of our services. We will not use your data for any other purpose, unless, when using selected services, you have given your express additional consent to further data processing in accordance with requirements under applicable local law.
1.3 Other data processing
In addition, we store personal data (such as your name, address and contact details) only when you decide to send it to us for example by filling out an online form or if you send us a message via the contact page. In these cases, we will only ask you to provide the personal data which we need in order to perform the services we provide. Mandatory information will be marked with an asterisk, all other information you share with us are sent voluntarily.
2. Our use of your data
Collecting data helps us develop and improve our website. We will use the data we collect about you for the following purposes:
- to enable your use of the website (establishing a connection);
- for internal, system-related purposes such as technical administration and system security; and
- for statistical purposes in order to enable us to tailor the website more closely to your needs through the anonymous evaluation of general user behaviour (see 3.1 below).
3.1 What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file containing data for technical session control and, in particular, the identification of your browser for the duration of your visit to the website. Cookies also allow us to tailor the website to your interests. They are widely used in order to make websites work as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site.
Our web server places so-called cookies in the memory of your browser. These cookies allow us an anonymous evaluation of general user behaviour, based on the number of visitors, for the purpose of optimizing our website.
3.3 Our cookies are set out below
- ELOQUA Used to collect information about how you use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. Third Party
- ELQSTATUS Keeps track of your choice to opt-in (or opt-out) of visitor recognition and tracking activity. Third Party
- ELQSITEVISITED Used with our pop-up banner and dropped when we receive your consent to website tracking. Third Party
- OPTOUT Keeps track of your choice to opt-in (or opt-out) of website tracking. Third Party
- Hypersite Used to connect visitors to a hypersite and to enable us to populate dynamic content on our website. Third Party
- Google Analytics We use a number of Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how visitors use our website. Further information on these cookies is available at https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage. Third Party
3.4 Statistical evaluation
We use web and market analysis software to perform a statistical evaluation of our visitor traffic. Both software systems place cookies in the memory of your browser, which enable an analysis of how you use the website. The information on how you use this website, generated by the cookies, is saved on our servers in Switzerland or on the servers of our external service provider (see 4 below).
As mentioned in 3.2 above, you can prevent the saving of cookies by changing your browser settings appropriately.
Further, you can decide here whether a unique web analysis cookie may be placed in your browser in order to enable us to collect and analyse various statistical data. If you decide against it, you have to deactivate the cookies in your browser.